Updated: Apr 11, 2021
Delicious indian savory crepes made with chickpea flour, fresh methi and spices make a perfect brunch!
1⁄2 cup Chickpea flour (besan)
1⁄2 cup rice flour
3⁄4 cup fresh methi Leaves or frozen (fenugreek leaves)
2 green chilies
1⁄2 teaspoon ginger paste
1⁄2 tablespoon garlic paste
1⁄2 cup yogurt
1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
1⁄4 teaspoon chilli powder
1 teaspoon salt adjust to taste
Warm water as needed
4-6 Tablespoons Ghee or oil for shallow pan frying
1. Wash and chop the methi (fenugreek leaves) skip this step if using frozen.
2. Combine both flours in a large bowl. Add yogurt, chili powder, turmeric powder, salt, green chili, ginger and garlic. Slowly add in water making a smooth batter.
3. Next add chopped methi (fenugreek leaves), mix well.
4. Heat the oil (1 teaspoon) on non-stick tawa or a non-stick wide frying pan. Add a ladle of the methi puda batter and spread it to make wide puda like chapatti.
5. Cook on medium heat, when edges are brown add couple of drops of ghee then flip carefully.
6. Cook until it changes the color to lightly brown.
7. Repeat with the rest of the batter until all puda are done (methi puda).
*Note you can also add grated carrots, zucchini as well to the batter. If you are vegan, replace the yogurt with 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice
Serve methi puda with hot chai, tomato chutney, pickle or green chutney