Updated: Jun 26, 2021
This petite golden aloo/potatoes are marinated generously in achari spices and cooked to perfection! This indian appetizer is bursting of flavors leaving you to wanting more.
1.5lbs 680gms petite potato
1 red bell pepper cut in quarters
1 green bell pepper cut in quarters
1 red onion cut in quarters
1 tablespoon corn flour
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon minced ginger
1 tablespoon kalonji seeds
1 teaspoon salt
½ cup cilantro leaves
2 tablespoons achari masala
1 tablespoons kashmiri powder
2 tablespoons oil
½ teaspoon turmeric
2 ½ teaspoon cumin/coriander powder
2 teaspoon fennel powder
¼ teaspoon garam masala
1. Rinse the potatoes under cold water and prick each one with a fork.
2. Add the potatoes to the steamer and steam for 15mins until the potatoes are al dente . Allow them to cool down.
3. Combine all the marinade ingredients in a bowl and mix well, adjust the taste at this point.
4. Add the potatoes, peppers and onion to the marinade and coat well. Cover the marinated vegetables with plastic wrap and place it in the fridge at least 2-4 hours..
5. Heat oven to 450 degrees F, line a baking tray with foil or parchment paper. Spray lightly with oil.
6. Place the marinated veggies and cook for 20 mins, turning them half way.
7. Broil on high for the last 5 mins to get the charred look.
Serve with fresh coriander chutney and enjoy!
Notes: Kalongi seeds (Nigella Seeds) Achari Masala (indian pickle masala)